Listen to the latest ConstructorCast for an in-depth discussion of the cybersecurity risks facing the construction industry, how hackers target firms and what you can do to protect yourself and your company. For this episode, AGC sits down with Joe Oleksak, an IT leader with Plante Moran, and Fara Francis, AGC’s chief information officer, for the full story on how cybersecurity is a new frontier in risk management. Stream or download the full episode.
In conjunction with FMI, AGC’s Surety Bonding and Risk Management Forum recently completed a survey of the risks that AGC contractors are perceiving and how AGC contractors they are managing these risks. The 83 responses that AGC and FMI received from 83 best-in-class companies that collectively perform approximately $50 billion of construction each year suggest the following:
- Today’s construction risk environment is drastically different than it was five years ago;
- Skilled craft labor shortages, contract language and subcontractor default are top risks in today’s construction industry;
- Construction firms are managing risk differently today;
- Risk management effectiveness varies; and
- Mitigating and managing risk has become a strategic priority.
For a full analysis of the survey’s results, click here.