Indiana Constructors, Inc. (ICI) is the nonprofit trade association representing Indiana’s highway, heavy and utility contractors. For nearly 100 years, ICI has served its member companies and their employees through safety services, legislative advocacy, labor relations, communications and workforce development.
About the Internship
As we prepare to mark our centennial in 2024, ICI’s mission is not only to celebrate that milestone, but also to educate folks about our industry’s rich history and motivate the next generation to choose a life-long career in it. The Centennial Intern will be key to collecting and creating a historical record of our industry – a task that will add value to our association and provide professional experience and portfolio material for the intern.
- A sophomore, junior or senior with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- All majors are welcome to apply, though preference is given to students studying nonprofit management, public affairs, digital media, English, communications and/or the humanities.
- Strong organizational, writing, research, critical thinking and active listening skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe Creative Cloud experience is a plus.
- Digitize/catalog photo collections.
- Digitize/transcribe/summarize/catalog historical documents.
- Assist in completing tasks related to our roadmap to the centennial celebration, including but not limited to:
- Develop centennial content for digital, social and print media.
- Attend centennial committee meetings, partnership meetings and general organization functions.
- Assist with event planning and administration.
- Possibility to safely lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional general office duties.
This internship will be full-time, in-person at the ICI office through the summer of 2021. There is an opportunity to extend through the fall 2021 semester with 15-20 hours flexible to fit the student’s class schedule.
The position pays $12 per hour, plus parking.
The Centennial Intern will be hired and report to ICI’s president and communications staff. The deadline for applications is Friday, May 14, 2021 and the selection will be announced on Friday, May 28, 2021.