Source: Ali Brown, Executive Director of Build Your Future Indiana (317) 805-1037
Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation (ICRF) is helping out with the Junior Achievement JobSpark! Program in Marion County September 26-27. ICRF is looking for architecture/engineering/construction/interior design/landscape professionals who may be interested in volunteering at JA JobSpark.
JA JobSpark was designed to create a “spark” among eighth-grade students, introducing them to career clusters during a two-day, hands-on expo at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis. ICRF is expecting more than 8,500 students to attend. In addition to the many general volunteers signed up to be a part of this event, ICRF is looking for approximately 200 construction industry volunteers who are excited to share their passion and expertise.
Please share this opportunity with all of your colleagues, and sign up here no later than Thursday, August 31.
Tuesday, September 26th (7:30AM – 11:30AM)
Tuesday, September 26th (10:00AM – 2:00PM)
Wednesday, September 27th (7:30AM – 11:30AM)
Wednesday, September 27th (10:00AM – 2:00PM)
- Be knowledgeable of industry area you are representing
- Communicate industry specific skills, education needed, jobs available, etc.
- Assist cluster members with running hands-on activities, monitoring for safety
- Ensures activity instructions are properly given and being followed
- Industry specific talking points will be provided
Visit JA JobSpark to learn more. If you have any questions about these volunteer opportunities, please feel free to contact Denny Stephens firstname.lastname@example.org or Cindy Kicinski email@example.com.