As summer comes to an official close this week, and the kids have headed back to school, ICI extends its congratulations to our 2016 ICI Scholarship recipients – some of whom are starting their college journey this fall, while others are closing in on their degrees.
Our scholarship program is one of ICI’s top workforce development initiatives. By helping students pay for their college education, we are supporting the construction managers, engineers and safety professionals of the future. And, by connecting to the industry at the outset of student careers, we’re helping to build lasting ties to not only our industry, but to our organization as well.
In fact, at our 2016 Membership Meeting on Wednesday, November 2, you’ll have the chance to hear from one of our scholarship recipients. We’re inviting the rest to join us for the meeting, and we’re working on ways to build bridges with today’s scholars who will be tomorrow’s industry leaders.
Congratulations and best wishes to our 2016 ICI Scholarship recipients:
- Benjamin Bezold, construction management major at Purdue University
- Dwight Cliff, business management major at Marian University and construction engineering management technology major at IUPUI
- Douglas Collier, construction-highway, bridge or utility major at Purdue University
- Nicholas Grimmer, construction-highway, bridge or utility major at IUPUI
- Brandon Hardin, civil engineering major at Purdue University
- Hailee Harmon, construction engineer management major at IUPUI
- Amber Reiff, construction engineer management major at Purdue University
- William Schleter, construction management major at Purdue University
- Robert Steele, construction-highway, bridge or utility major at Purdue University
- Dean Thomas, civil engineering major at Rose Hulman Institute of Technology
- Bailey Weber, civil engineering major at Purdue University
ICI thanks its scholarship selection committee for their time, expertise and willingness to help us choose our 2016 recipients: Cheryl Melancon, The Hoosier Company, Inc.; Jason Dapp, Gradex, Inc.; Andrew Brown, Phend & Brown, Inc.; and Margaret Brooks, Brooks Construction Co., Inc.
In addition to the ICI Scholarship, several Indiana students applied for, and received, AGC of America Scholarships. Thank you to our members who participated in the selection process by interviewing candidates for these scholarships.
- Austin Boggess, Purdue University – Textura Corporation Scholarship recipient
- Cierra Charbonneau, Purdue University – Carolyn Cooney Memorial Scholarship recipient
- Ryan Denoon, Indiana State University – AGC of America Scholarship recipient
- Sarah Hedberg, Purdue University – Consulting Constructors’ Council Scholarship recipient
- Amber Reiff, Purdue University – Richard and Roxelyn Pepper Scholarship recipient
- Jared Schimmelpfenning, Purdue University – James D. Pitcock Jr. Scholarship recipient
- Thomas Smith, Ball State University – Richard and Roxelyn Pepper Scholarship recipient