Indiana Constructors, Inc. (ICI) is the nonprofit trade association representing Indiana’s highway, heavy and utility contractors. We enhance the industry’s image, well-being, economic health and political strength.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
In 2024, our organization will celebrate its 100th anniversary, and we are looking for an intern to help us prepare for that year of special programming and projects. The Centennial Intern will be key to collecting and creating a historical record of the last 100 years of our industry – a task that will add value to our association and provide a solid start on the professional career path for the intern.
Ideal candidates are undergraduates in their sophomore, junior or senior year with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale studying nonprofit management/leadership, public affairs, communications, public/media relations or humanities. Candidates must possess strong organizational, writing, critical thinking and active listening skills and be physically able to safely lift items up to 50 pounds. Candidates must have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator experience is a plus.
Key duties will include:
- Digitize/catalog photo collections
- Digitize/transcribe/catalog historical documents
- Assist in completing tasks identified by the centennial committee’s celebration plan, including but not limited to:
- Research/write for commemorative publication(s)
- Create multi-media presentations for digital and print platforms
- Assist with event planning and administration
- Occasional general office duties including answering phones, scanning/shredding documents, setting up/breaking down meeting rooms or attending organization functions
Scheduled initially for the summer of 2019, this internship could extend to additional semesters and/or part-time employment throughout the school year. The number of hours per week can be flexed from 12-18 depending on the student’s schedule.
The position pays $12 per hour, plus parking.
ICI’s centennial intern will be hired and report to ICI’s president and/or manager of communications. Interested candidates should complete the online application here. The deadline for applications is Friday, March 22 with the selection announcement on Friday, April 5.